We're seeing more new construction homes in Redondo Beach being built with a contemporary or modern look which is my preferred style in most instances. A question I frequently get, whether it relates to staging listings or just refreshing the home you live in, is how can you "modernize" the look and feel of your home.
- Minimize and keep the essentials only
- Clean lines, neutral palettes and pared down decorating
- Use strong shapes like squares and rectangles create an effect count
- Keep it simple. Minimalism and Modernism complement each other
- For high style use high contrast, ie blacks and whites in the same space
- Glass and stainless steel are must haves as are wood tones
A good rule of thumb to get a modern look is to remove everything from a room you think you don't need and them find something else to take out.
Remember that modernism is a thing. There is no "contemporary-ism".
Here's some examples of modern.
|Nice Use of Angles and Shapes|
|New Construction Contemporary Townhome Redondo Beach CA|
|Black and White Contrast|
|Classic Modern Pieces and use of Wood|
|Seeing more of these 2 tone kitchens|